Ironically, my children's school, while failing to make "adequate yearly progress" for the last two years, still manages to have guitar classes during music period and rollerblading for PE class, complete with helmets, elbow and knee pads and wrist guards. I know. This would be unheard of at my children's old school.Today I was off to help Q's class with the rollerblading (it takes awhile to put all that equipment on 20+ kids). One of the girls was complaining about having to wear all the gear. The PE teacher was telling her how important it was to wear it and that he hoped she would still wear all this gear even in college.
I said, "Well, you should at least always wear a helmet; it's hard to live without a head."
Cassandra replied, "Oh, I could live without a head. I'd just be a zombie."
Wow. Hmmm..
"But," I countered, "Zombies don't get to eat chocolate and ice cream."
She laughed, "That's okay."
"Really? You'd want to eat human flesh?! Blech."
Anna joined the conversation, "When I'm dead, I'm going to be a vegetarian."
But apparently not now. Life is not to be wasted on eating vegetables.
Kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment