After my recent posts, I took a moment to look over all I have contributed to the blogosphere in the last while. It was depressing.
I swear, there is more to me and my life than just sad days and crying (although even I admit that there are times when it doesn't seem so). I thought to myself that I really need to start posting more frequently, to write down the good days and funny moments as well as the moments when I'm stressed out and depressed.
This morning has been good. And yet as I think of what to write....
...Yup. Nothing.
Do I have so little creativity that I cannot think of anything to write unless it is sad or a laundry list of complains?
Egads, I hope not.
Although the decrease in typing speed as I try to generate this post does seem to bear that thought out.
The lesson this past Sunday that I was supposed to teach to my Laurels (16-18yo girls) was on Physical Health and Preventing Disease. While I had planned to prepare the lesson, every time I was supposed to, something else came up. (Saturday night is was sheer exhaustion after hiking 6 miles and spending the day out in the rain at a Cub Scout Day Camp.) I planned to work on the lesson during Sunday School so that I would be ready only to realize that I had failed to pack the lesson materials in my Sunday bag. Seriously, it was as though I had prayed NOT to teach the lesson and God was helping me out.
Because the reality is, I really did NOT want to teach the lesson. To be blunt, I'm 5'4" and over 240 lbs. When I stand up there and discuss the ideals of physical health and preventing disease feels hypocritical in the extreme; I feel as though I'm standing there, actively smoking a cigarette whilst telling them not to smoke as it could be bad for their health.
The good news is that another teacher was happy to join her girls with mine and teach them all the lesson.
I got to tend her 3 month old baby.
Win/win in my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment